Sunday, August 20, 2006

June 17th

The later hours of Fullerton Arboretum day found me in my backyard reaping the aesthetic benefits of the miniature pink rose floribunda bush Don’s Mom planted when in residence. (For those that don’t know me, we purchased our house from her, moving in, in December of 2004.)

Minus Joan’s TLC the bush is looking a wee bit wild since her absence, but I just love it. In fact it looks very much like the miniature floribunda I tried to grow in Newport Beach, that never seemed to get comfortable in our tiny garden. I’d gone searching the nurseries for that one after seeing it in what was then my favorite magazine, Victoria, a Hearst publication first spotted at a newsstand while on my honeymoon. The magazine had beautiful photography of gardens and homes and focused on cottage industries. The recipes were always exotic, and while I never had time to devote to the art of cookery, I did succeed with a couple of these.

So these are just a few images of the rose bush that evening when I discovered a butterfly flitting about in it.








1 comment:

Fess said...

Beautiful Roses!!! Love the pics.
-Cam