Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Day 2009, Moving Sadalsuud (PART 2)

After clearing out the boat locker of all trash and/or usable items, hauling a large car battery on board, mounting and hooking up the little Minn Kota 12 volt motor, and pulling out my camera, Don manned the motor and tiller and away we went at an exhilarating average speed of .7 mph. Well, at least that's what Don's GPS said.

Don did an excellent job of reversing us out of slip A56 and aiming us out of our little canal.

I'm on the starboard (right) side of the boat, so I'm not sure at which point I twisted around to photograph the beach, but this is not the direction we were headed yet, so I must have turned toward the stern (back) of the boat here.

Definitely this is the back of the boat. This is "The Little Engine (motor) That Could".

Here I am facing forward and starboard. There is a flock of seagulls I'm interested in up there. We'll be turning left when we get to that main channel ahead.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: