Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2010-03-23

Yikes! Who'd have thought that jury duty would involve so much exercise? I feel like I've been to a gym!
The jury parking lot for the Santa Ana courthouse is a block from the courthouse. So I walk the length, get into line at window one to show my summons, and realize I've left my wallet with the jury summons and my id in the car. So, I set my purse, computer, and jacket down in a corner and jog back to the car and then back again to the court.
"Boy it's hot in here! Is anyone else hot?"
By 10:30 a.m. I have been assigned to a court room....on the 9th (!) floor. I don't like really crowded elevators, so I took the stairs...since we were already on the third floor. It's just as well we had no morning break --it would have involved choosing between a crowded elevator or the stairs again.
At noon, after eating the lunch I brought, I think I actually took the elevator down to the third floor, as I needed a spoon from the cafeteria to finish my lunch. From the third floor I still needed to get to the first, so took the escalator...which, because folks seemed to be in a hurry, I treated like stairs.
I walked back to my car...relieved to unload all the crap I'd brought to entertain myself, finished my lunch and then headed back, taking a few photos on the way.
Again the elevators were crowded by the time I was ready to return to the 9th floor. I had 20 minutes to get back still, so I decided to go ahead and do the stairs again, since I had time to stop every two floors and read awhile at each stop. That's what I did, but I was still exhausted when I arrived on the 9th floor.
I was thirsty be the afternoon break, so took the elevator both ways.
When we left I was ready for the stairs again...got halfway back to my car and realized my parking ticket needed validation. Argh! Oh, and guess what? I had to go all the way to the car to get it, as I'd left it there when I unloaded all my crap at lunch time.
So I walked back to the courthouse with my parking ticket, validated it, and walked back to the car.
I'm tellin' ya, that was exhausting! And I go back for more fun and exercise tomorrow!

No comments: