Monday, November 15, 2010

2010-11-14 Roses

Greetings and salutations!
So, not too long ago when I posted a photograph of a rose on my Flickr account, I discovered a message attached to it inviting me to join the "il ROSETO" rose photo group. I viewed the group's photos and even though at least half of the comments attached to photos there were languages I didn't understand, or maybe because of that, I joined.
Seeing the really beautiful images there of roses, and how the ones that stand out get umpteen million comments on them-agreements that they are as exquisite as I thought, I've been inspired to improve my rose photography--which is why if you go to my Flicker account these days, you will probably be bombarded with roses. And now, lucky you, they are spilling over to the blog.
Fortunately for me, I only have to travel about 3 miles to get to an excellent rose garden, as the Westminster City Hall has sponsored the Orange County Rose Society for years---I think since 1969 actually.
So here are a few practice shots from yesterday afternoon.

DSC_0291

DSC_0275

DSC_0268

DSC_0260

DSC_0246

DSC_0213



DSC_0190

DSC_0185

DSC_0133



DSC_0085

DSC_0073-1

DSC_0280

DSC_0059

No comments: