Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Friday at the Aquarium of the Pacific

Saturday (Oct 16) was a workday for me, so I had Friday off. Friday was the last day that our free Chapman tickets to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach were good, so after Don's doctor visit (he checks out in top shape after his ablation surgery two weeks before), off we went to the Aquarium. Many of the tanks are open at the top to the outside, so get natural sunlight. This being an overcast day though, lighting was a bit dim and my camera settings were set for the dimmest of conditions; with a "Hi1" ISO (equivelent to 3200) which I hoped would allow me some depth of field and reasonable shutter speeds--hee-hee, as it turns out though, silly me didn't notice that I had previously set the camera to a -2.3EV adjustment. Grrrrr.
So images are a bit dark, but here are a few, and later I'll post a few of Don's videos:

DSC_0211

DSC_0150.NEF

DSC_0234

DSC_0170.NEF

DSC_0024

DSC_0049

DSC_0202

DSC_0302

DSC_0065.NEF

DSC_0205.NEF

No comments: