Monday, December 15, 2008

Thursday December 11th Vacation Day

Sorry, now I'm skipping around on you. It seemed natural to have all of the boat postings together, so I skipped over my short little visit to the Sherman Library & Gardens in Corona Del Mar.
I took Thursday December 11th off in order to go to the retirement celebration of two wonderful librarian friends at the Huntington Beach Public Library. I can't take just an hour or two off at work for personal time--it has to be the entire day or nothing at all, so I took the entire day. It was a fabulous day all the way around.
My first engagement of the day was lunch at a place called "The Little Onion" on MacArthur in Santa Ana with Rene' and Audrey. Rene' and Audrey are sisters. We used to be neighbors when I lived in Capistrano Beach. Rene and I took the bus to Marco Forester Junior High together, had the same "Home Room" at the beginning of each day and several classes together--even an after school poetry club. The same was true when we moved on to high school at San Clemente High School. I spent a great deal of time over at Rene and Audrey's house during the three years my Mom, Step Father, (and off and on, my brother) and I lived there in Capistrano Beach.
I don't get to see Rene too often. And I can't even remember the last time I'd seen Audrey. I should have known I'd need tissues at the reunion. It was a tastey lunch. My only regret is that I forgot to ask the waitress to take our picture.
It was 12:50 when I hopped back in the little Miata and I didn't need to be in Huntington Beach until 2:00. This was when I decided to seize upon the opportunity, however brief, to visit the Sherman Library & Gardens. I trolled their gift shop, purchasing a couple of little gifts, and then raced about the garden with my camera for about 10 minutes before dashing off to the retirement celebration.












No comments: